Wednesday, November 05, 2008

obama - election night rally - grant park







































here are some images i made from last nights obama rally in grant park. seeing the joy, excitement, and seriousness on everyone's faces was reassuring on multiple levels.

i had tickets to the rally itself (a bit of a scarce opportunity, a lot of my friends were wait-listed) but found the security lacking. i went through three checkpoints (which i was rushed through) where all i had to show was my ticket, printed out from an email attachment. i never had to show identification, empty my pockets, or go through any kind of metal detector.

scary.

but, the plus side of this is many people were able to congregate and, as a community, share this event with each other and the nation.

i made some 4x5s pre-rally which i will post soonish...i think one picture will be the result of that earlier, slower, more strategic photoshoot.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rob Mapes said...

Nice pics, Jason.

Funny about the security stuff. I had my ID checked and I went through an airport-style metal detector with people checking my camera and everything else.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Tema Stauffer said...

Beautiful series. I'm glad you got to be apart of that moment.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Maia said...

great pics.

I liked your take on capturing that event.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home